By no means a definitive Top 10 list of the best photographer photobooks, nonetheless these classic publications by fine art photographers such as Robert Frank, Annie Leibovitz and Hiroshi Sugimoto are well worth digesting, each individually inspiring, informing the way we interpret contemporary photography today.
1) The Americans, Robert Frank 2) 26 Gasoline Stations, Ed Rusha
3) Immediate Family, Sally Mann 4) Water Towers, Bernd and Hilla Becher
5) Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, James Agee & Walker Evans
6) Women, Annie Leibovitz 7) Paris, Eugene Atget
8) Theatres, Hiroshi Sugimoto 9) The Ballad of Sexual Dependency, Nan Goldin
10) Vivian Maier: Street Photography, Vivian Maier